Saturday, April 7, 2012

Restoration Hardware

The challenge at A Day For Daisies is to use some "Found" paper. I thought it was funny that we got a catolog from Restoration Hardware in the mail the other day. I've never heard of it and it was addressed to someone else "or current resident." The thing that was funny about it was that it is the thickest catalog I have ever seen, everything in it is VERY masculine looking (like it's for a bachelor pad), and everything in it is super expensive (like over $1000 for light fixtures and barstools). Anyway, I said to my daughter, "It probably took over $1000 just to print and ship this catalog," so I wanted to make some use of it instead of just throwing it away. I liked a lot of the textures in the catalog, so I cut some butterflies using my Garden Wooden Shapes as a template out of one of the pictures of the carpets. It's color was chocolate, and I thought that was appropriate, since Chocolate was one of my main colors of this card.
The challenges I'm entering are: A Day For Daisies - Use found paper. Pals Paper Arts: color challenge.
I used CTMH colors Baby Pink, Sweet Leaf, and Chocolate.PPA132
The Deconstructed Sketch:

Materials used:
Paper: White cardstock (not CTMH), Chocolate and Baby Pink cardstock, Magic Moments B&T, Textured "found" paper
Stamps: A Day For Daisies digital image (not CTMH), Petite Perks, Wicked (for the border)
Inks: Chocolate, Baby Pink, Taffy, Sweet Leaf
Other: Bitty Sparkles, Colonial White Bigger Brads

3 comments:

  1. Sweet image! She reminds me of Thumbelina, one of my favorite childhood stories. Those wood look butterflies are perfect for the color Challenge. Thanks for joining us at the Pals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very soft and sweet! Thanks so much for playing along in the ADFD challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very soft and sweet! Thanks so much for playing along in the ADFD challenge!

    ReplyDelete