Tuesday, May 22, 2012

CAS

Here is a card that is the opposite of shabby chic . :) This is for the punchy challenge at CAS-ual Fridays. I used the sketch from the Sweet Stop and the colors from ColourQ.
This card came together really quickly and I'm pleased with the way it turned out. I was supposed to use an old punch for the CAS-ual Friday challenge and I have VERY few punches. One is an old Creative Memories punch I won at a crop. I don't use it much, but it reminded me of confetti, so I used it for this Graduation card. I got the idea of the cap from someone on the CTMH bulletin board (can't remember who). The ruffled ribbon was perfect for the Sweet Stop twist: add ruffles!

Materials used:
Paper: White cardstock (not CTMH), Desert Sand, Cranberry, Juniper, and Honey cardstock
Stamp: Wicked
Ink: Juniper
Embellishments: Goldrush Sassy Strands, Antique Copper Designer Brads, Designer Ribbon Red Collection
Other: Black Marker, CM punch

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card, I really like the faux stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute grad card...I'd love for you to link up with me at 52 Card Pickup this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/05/52-card-pickup-week-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card for a grad, Sarah!!! I love the brad and the fibers! Thank you so much for playing with us at the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, Sarah,what a lucky graduate! Love the hat and the tassel. It is a busy time of the year and we appreciate you joining us at the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great graduation card...wonderful pops of color:)!! Thanks for being a part of this week's challenge at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fantastic graduation card, Sarah! And so great you found a good use for that punch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun!! Love the addition of the confetti!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete