Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Houndstooth

This card was made with inspiration from Runway Inspired. They have a really cool challenge this week. Houndstooth is so mod... but it really reminds me of when I lived in AL. Roll Tide!!!! Anyway, when I saw this I thought I had some houndstooth, so I looked at all my stamp sets and couldn't find anything. I didn't have any CTMH paper with houndstooth, so I looked all over, then I remembered that I had some in a B&W pattern pack I got from M's. Score! Okay, here's my card and inspirations. Hope you like them and I hope I win!!!! The sketch is from Cards & Things.

Materials used:
Paper: White Daisy, Black, Lagoon, Smoothie, and Sunny Yellow cardstock, houndstooth pattern paper from Me and My Big Ideas pattern pack (not CTMH)
Stamps: Thoughtful Tidings
Ink: White Daisy
Other: Baker's Twine Paradise Assortment, Clear Detail Embossing Powder.

5 comments:

  1. I saw your card at the callenge of Card and Things. Very beautiful card you made! Smart to combine the two challenges....

    GerJanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your use of colour and the twine, great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you added matching twine over the colored strip! Thanks so much for playing along with the Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun stamp! The black really pops against the white!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this layout and the baker's twine treatment!!!! Thanks for joining us at Runway.

    ReplyDelete