Saturday, August 25, 2012

Some cards I made this week

I was so excited about the inspiration photo from Inspired By! I had the perfect texture paper to match that cute pillow! It is from Scholastic and I love it!!!!! I decided to find all the red paper I had and stamp my apple stamp on the back and cut them out. I ended up using paper from: Let's Get Together, Superhero, Believe, Stella, and Roxie! This sketch is from Freshly Made. And I did a back-to-school theme for Simon Says.
Materials used:
Card: White card base
B&Ts: Scholastic, Let's Get Together, Superhero, Believe, Stella, Roxie
Stamps: Classmate Alphabet, Mayberry WOTG stamp set
Ink: Cocoa, Cranberry
Marker: Black
Other: CM journaling pen (for the stitching - not CTMH)
 
This next card is for CR84FN Color Challenge. Beautiful color scheme this week!!!! The sketch is from Sweet Sketch Wednesdays. I'm also entering this card into the challenge at Craft-a-Scene.
Materials used:
Cardstock: Bamboo, Lagoon, Colonial White
B&Ts: Footloose
Stamps: Perfect Day, Quick Cards - Shell
Ink: Chocolate
Markers: Honey, Desert Sand, Olive, Cranberry
Other: Colonial White Ribbon, Buttons, & Bigger Brads; Spring Blossom Paper Shapes,
 
The final card is for CASE Study. The challenge is to CASE a player at CASE Study and I chose BeckyTE. She had this beautiful bird card, which the style is very different for me. But I liked it and I chose to color my cardinal with some of the new alcohol-based markers. I chose the colors from Play Date Cafe: black and white with a splash of lime. The sketch is from the Deconstructed Sketch.
DS66
Materials used:
Cardstock: Black, Vanilla Cream
B&Ts: Recollections Union Square (not CTMH)
Stamps: You and Yours, Scroll
Ink: Tuxedo Black (not CTMH), Desert Sand
Marker Sets: Sweet Leaf, Olive, Ponderosa Pine
Other: Black Ribbon Assortment, Harvest Charms, Floret  Paper Shapes
Cricut Cartridge: Art Philosophy


25 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous sea scape. I love all of your cards. But that is my favorite. Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful back to school card! I love the red, white and kraft color combo! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic cards. Love what you did with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful assortment of cards Sarah! Love the pretty light house scene! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been very busy with all these lovely card. I think the lighthouse scene is so restful, with the sweet shell embellishment. Thanks for joining in with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such wonderful cards...really love your take on the color challenge! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful cards!! Gorgeous take on all the challenges!! Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful beachy scene and the perfect colors too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun bunch of cards! And I love that apple card - what a great way to combine the two challenges. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, LOVE that apple card! LOVE it! great take on the sketch and my challenge! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I admire your work, and am amazed that you can do all these challenge cards with three children, too! I especially love the bird card and the apples.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Sarah you have been busy with your wonderful cards. I love them all especially the card for SSW it's an awesome image and what a great masculine card of the lighthouse. Love your colours and shell embellishment. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous collection of cards Sarah, each one unique in its own way and really great takes on the inspiration offered.

    It's lovely to see you at Create a Scene challenge this month, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful lighthouse scene!
    Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Gorgeous cards!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Deconstructed Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that apple card! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great seascape for our challenge this month at Craft a Scene. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful take on this week's color challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What gorgeous cards! I love the rustic apples! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sarah these are gorgeous cards - all of them stunning. I especially love the lighthouse card for its pretty fresh colors and you perfect execution of our sketch this week. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon, SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning cards! The one with the light house is my favourite, if I had to choose one. We just came back from Prince Edward ISland and I can't wait to ink my lighthouse stamps. Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What sweet cards. Love your colors. Have a sweet day!!! Arlana@SSW!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my goodness, they're all gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous cards! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, you've been busy...and I can see that you've been wonderfully inspired as all of your cards are just beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete