Monday, April 8, 2013

Sunday Cow Card

Yesterday I had guests over who wanted to make cards with me, but sadly we ran out of time. My plan was to make this card yesterday, but I made it today instead. I was so tired yesterday, and I feel another cold coming on, so I went to bed early to try to stave it off. Pray for me that it goes away! Thanks.

So I made this card for 4 Sunday challenges:
Sentimental Sunday - Get Well
Pile it On - Use wood
Opus-Gluei - Split personalities (use bright or pastel colors)
Sweet Sunday Sketch

I was really loving this cow when I used it the other day, so I thought I'd use it again. I used the wood-grain background paper from Dakota to make it look like a barn door. That will meet the wood challenge at Pile It On. I also used the bright blue bandanna rustic-looking paper from Dakota. That was for the "bright" color challenge at Opus Gluei. I'm just loving the punny sentiments on this stamp set, so I used two of them on this card. One on the front and one on the inside.

It says, "... Hope you're feeling butter." LOL That makes me crack up every time. :)

Here is the sketch:
Materials used:
Cardstock: Slate, Colonial White
B&Ts: Dakota
Stamps: Howdy
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento - Not CTMH)
Markers: Black, Grey Flannel, Taffy, Slate set
Other: Black Gingham Ribbon, Natural Hemp

7 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful card Sarah! I love that wood grain background - perfect choice for that cute stamp. Hope you are feeling better. Hugs D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great catd! I love the sentiment on this, it gave me a great big huge smile! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Opus Gluei, it's a real treat to visit and see your art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT card! Hope making it made YOU feel better--it definitely brings a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you didn't get the cold and are able to have more crafty fun! Oh my gosh, I LOVE LOVE LOVE a pun and this card made me smile! Glad you took the bright color route and made such a fun, sweet, and heartwarming card! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Opus Gluei! Now you need to plan another get together with your friends to make those cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Sentimental Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww..so cute!
    Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a CUTE card!
    Hope your feeling better!
    Thanks for joining us last week at PIO!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete