Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pocket full of... Happy Thoughts

Here is the card I made yesterday. I started it in the afternoon, but I couldn't finish it until late last night. I just had a hard time visualizing the finished product. But once I chose my patterned paper, it all came together nicely!

Here's a little update about my life: I've been having Dr. apts a lot because I'm 34 weeks pregnant now and I have gestational diabetes. It's not too bad; I just have to test my blood sugar and follow a strict diet. I haven't been put on insulin yet. We didn't have running water in our house for a week 2 weeks ago, which was VERY difficult. I got sick and I'm certain it was because I wasn't able to wash my hands. Anyway, I now have the laundry and dishes caught up and the house cleaned up so I can spend a little time crafting. Maybe I'll get to make a few cards today before my Dr. apt.

I am using the color combo from ColourQ and the photo from Runway Inspired - I was inspired by the black polka dots and colorful patterns on her dress. I got the idea from this card which has been on my pinterest board forever!


Materials used:
Cardstock: White Daisy, Kraft
B&Ts: Surf's Up, Tommy
Stamps: Scroll Album WOTG, Rugged Dude, Card Chatter - Sympathy
Other: Black Ribbon Rounds

8 comments:

  1. I really like your card! It's very unique! Fresh! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card, Sarah! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see how you were inspired...totally sweet! I love the composition and the flow of this design! AWESOME work! So glad that you join the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so sweet....I love that little pocket and your banners are adorable! Glad you're feeling a bit better, too! Thanks for playing with the CQC colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card and an awesome blending of both challenges! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Sarah, great job with both challenges. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the strip of black polka dots! Thanks for joining us on Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete