Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Love Target

So, last night I made this card. I had found some challenges, but I really wasn't inspired until I found the Close to My Heart bingo card. The first challenges are:

colour Q - (CTMH colors) Hollyhock, Lagoon, Chocolate, Kraft + Neutral
Clear it out - Love theme (oops I forgot the flowers)

Then I found this bingo card, and my finger landed on "Mix it up with Ribbon." So I decided to go left and right. 

"incorporate arrows into your design"
"choose a stamp and use masking to stamp it"
"use 4 patterned papers"
"use ShinHan Touch Twin markers"

Ok, I knew this was going to be a challenge, but hey, that's what I live for! I decided to use the January stamp of the month (that I haven't used yet). I stamped 3 arrows and cut them out of scrap paper. Then I used that to mask the target. I stamped the target in Black, and the arrows again in Lagoon. I stamped the target again in Hollyhock and cut out just the heart for the middle.

To choose the patterned paper, I just decided on my colors, then looked through my scraps and found the first papers with those colors - Chocolate from Pathfinding, Hollyhock from Ivy Lane, Lagoon from Chalk It Up, and Kraft from Scholastic.

For my ribbon I realized that the zipper lace comes in both Hollyhock AND Lagoon, so I used both of them.

Using the markers was a little trickier, since I didn't have an outlined image to color. So I used the brown markers to distress my Sentiment piece. I may have stumbled upon a new ingenious form of distressing! Or not.

So here's my card:
 Inspiration-Bingo

Materials used:
Cardstock: White Daisy, Chocolate, Kraft
B&Ts: Pathfinding, Ivy Lane, Chalk It Up, Scholastic
Stamps: This Moment
Ink: Black, Lagoon, Hollyhock
Markers: Clay, Barely Beige
Other: Zipper Lace

2 comments:

  1. Cute sentiment and stamp set - the lace gives it a lovely feminine touch and I love the background! Thanks for joining us at Colour Q this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this card - love the lace trim and the target and arrows are just fab!

    ReplyDelete