Thursday, July 20, 2017

Mother/Daughter cards

My husband went out with a friend last night, so my daughter and I had a mother/daughter crafting night! She is 10, and she really wanted to make a card with me. So I made a card and she made one. She has really specific taste, so even though she is entering the same challenges as me, she made a quite different card!

We're entering these challenges:

Freshly Made Sketches
Color Throwdown
Simon Says - Stars
Word Art Wednesday

I'll start with Leah's card:


Leah used a Lagoon card base with Pear and White Daisy for her tilted panel. She wanted a pinwheel from the Pinwheel stamp set for her focal point. She embellished with stars from the Home of the Brave stamp set, and her sentiment is from the Thoughtful Tidings set. She used Holiday Red, Honey, and Pear for her colors. Then she added stars from the Peacock Fundamental assortment and some aqua dots.

For the inside she stamped a sentiment from the Pinwheel stampset in Holiday red and added a gold puffy heart. Isn't it cute?



 Next my card:
I used Topiary for my card base and Lagoon for my tilted panel. I created a background paper by random stamping a sand dollar in Lagoon, Topiary, Tulip, and Canary on White Daisy cardstock. I then added blue and green Bitty Sparkles. For my focal point, I stamped the Starfish from Under the Sea in Tulip, then layered it with a Canary Layer, covered in Liquid Glass. The bubbles are stamped in Lagoon. The bubbles and sand dollar are from the Footloose Workshop stamp set.



The inside of the card is random stamped in the same colors with the star from the Pinwheel set. Then I added a Bible verse, Psalm 119:105, in Tulip.

Come play along with us for these challenges!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Leah and Sarah :-) Leah has definitely inherited your talent Sarah! her card is absolutely FABULOUS!! I love that you both finished the inside of your cards too :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x
    p.s, please add another link into the links for Leah's card. If you add ?1 after the url the system will allow 2 links from the same post :-) XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! I love the embellishments on Leah's card. They make it so special! And I think it's fabulous that you get some crafting time with your daughter. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you and your daughter are creating together! Sweet cards! Glad you shared one at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are fabulous! How fun that you create together!! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown Challenge this week! Hope to see you playing again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great cards! Your daughter did a fabulous job and her card is wonderful! Your card is amazing as well! Love all those stars and the beautiful verse inside! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so fabulous, and your daughter is a stamping superstar for sure!! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so fabulous, and your daughter is a stamping superstar for sure!! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete