Monday, August 7, 2017

Mickey Mouse Friend

At As You See It, they are wondering what helps us get our mojo back for creating when we've lost it. Well, I have always liked challenges, specifically combining as many challenges as I can. And I don't mean those "anything goes" challenges. No. I mean I like to find a sketch, find a color scheme, find an inspiration photo, find a theme, and maybe a couple others to inspire me! I feel like if I can successfully meet all the challenges, I have created something wonderful.


For this week I have found 7 challenges to try to follow. It was tricky.

For the sketch, I chose Atlantic Hearts:

For the colors, I chose Color My Heart. They asked us to use 3 or more colors from the prickly pear. Three of the colors were primary, so I chose those to also participate in the primary colors challenge at Pile It On: I chose Lemon, Poppy, and Sapphire. I also threw in a little Pink.

I added some flamingos to participate in the summery challenge at Cupcake Inspirations

The challenge at CAS-ual Fridays was to use only die cuts. So I cut out a Happy Birthday sentiment from the Artiste Cricut cartridge, and I used my Mickey Mouse head die and embossing folder.

I also wanted to do this tic-tac-toe from The Paper Players. I did the die cut and birthday theme (across the top) but I think I forgot the banner. Oops. I did use blue and pink, so maybe it counts for something!


I also wanted to enter this into the friends challenge at Heart2Heart, so I made my own background paper by stamping the word friends in Poppy ink on the flamingo paper. Hopefully using stamps to create background paper doesn't count against me in the die cut challenge at CAS-ual Fridays.

So, after seeing all that, here's my card. Do you think it meets all the challenges? Did it turn out well? I think it would be nice for a kid's birthday! Unfortunately, my dad was visiting last week, and I didn't get a chance to upload my card in time. So I am late for some of these challenges. But that's ok. I still got a great card out of it!



Materials used:
Cardstock: Sunny Yellow, Sapphire, Poppy, White Daisy
B&Ts: Calypso
Ink: Poppy
Stamps: Live Out Loud
Other: yellow ribbon (not CTMH), Mickey Mouse die and embossing folder (not CTMH), Artiste Cricut cartridge, Dots Embossing Folder

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing how you restore your mojo: it's a great plan! I like the die cut 'Happy BIrthday' you've used as I like the contrasting fonts in it. Thanks for joining us at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! Thank you so much for joining us at Pile It On. Hope you'll join us again! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! So much great texture and patterns. So excited to see you used your cricut for the sentiment. Thanks for sharing with everyone at the Casual Fridays Dies Only Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That took a lot of ingenuity to meet all of those challenges with one card! Love your die cuts! Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Mickey! Great card, thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Friday's :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Thanks for playing along at AYSI!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a very cute birthday card! Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, love everything about it, thanks for playing along at H2H.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel the same way in combining challenges...quite an accomplishment to bring the challenges together. Fun card and love Mickey Mouse. Thanks for sharing at AHSC and Color Dare color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mickey always makes me smile! Thanks for taking the H2H Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. I love Mickey, what is not to love about that face. I love the colours, great job! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

    Brandi R.
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete